We bet you are familiar with such issue as having an important password-protected PDF file, but the password to it is lost or forgotten. Of course you can spend a lot of time and effort on creating this document anew, or you can save your precious time and use Recover PDF Password – the software developed specifically for such cases that will help you with your PDF password recovery.
It doesn’t matter how long ago your PDF document was protected with a password – Recover PDF Password supports all versions of Adobe Acrobat up to v.9 and supports recovery of Unicode passwords including Acrobat 9.x files. You won’t experience any issues in the PDF password recovery no matter what language or keyboard layout it was created in. Recover PDF Password is optimized for multi-core computers for faster and more efficient performance.
With Recover PDF Password you can:
Open, print, copy or edit password-protected PDF
PDF can be protected in two ways: using “user” password or “owner” password. First one prevents opening a document without knowing the password. The second protects information in a document from being printed, copied or edited. Recover PDF Password helps you remember any of them in a very simple way.
Recover PDF password at the drop of a hat
Now you can search for PDF password using the network distributed search involving multiple computers at the same time, which speeds up the PDF password recovery a lot. Just choose the recovery method and connect the necessary amount of computers on the network – they’ll be the search agents, and then start the search. Recover PDF Password allows using CPU partially, not interfering with computer functioning.
Get an unprotected copy of PDF file without password search
“Decrypt” option is a very convenient thing. Say, your PDF document was protected with “owner” password only and you don’t want to spend time recollecting this password or searching for it. Good news: your file can be decrypted right away with Recover PDF Password. Just add your PDF to the application and press “Decrypt” button. The next thing you’ll have is your unprotected and totally unrestricted PDF file.
In case your document was protected with “user” password, “Decrypt” option is still available. First thing you should do in this case is recover the password with Recover PDF Password for Windows and after that decrypt the document to use it with no limitations at all.
Use various methods to recover PDF passwords
Search by password length – if you can remember the approximate length of the password and what characters it may contain you can set the minimum and maximum length of the password and what symbols Recover PDF Password should search through.
Search by template – if you remember the password partially you can set the template for it with the mask symbols for those parts you can’t remember, thus there will be less passwords variations to verify.
or use Exhaustive search – this method guarantees 100% success but requires maximum time. Use it if the PDF file has both user and owner passwords and they are long and complicated.
recover PDF password
Dictionary search through the passwords
Mostly the passwords are created manually and consist of words that can be found in a dictionary. So performing a dictionary search by going over the words, their combinations and variations allows saving your precious time. Recover PDF Password offers the dictionary that contains more than 400 000 words.
View already recovered PDF file passwords
“History” tab lets you view already recovered PDF file passwords at any time. Moreover, you can delete one or all entries in “History” by clicking “Remove” or “Remove All” buttons, copy “owner” or “user” passwords and view date and time when the selected password has been recovered.
- Recovers “user” password required to open the file
- Recovers “owner” passwords, which protect documents from being printed, copied or edited.
- Network distributed search, which speeds up password search significantly (for Network Editions only)
- Working on multi-core computers makes Recover PDF Password performance even faster and more efficient
- Supports Unicode passwords recovery for Acrobat 9.x files!
- Supports PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 9.x) files, including 256-bit encryption
- Adobe Acrobat software is not required
- A vivid progress bar will show you how much time is left for password recovery
- Brute-Force search is used to recover the “owner” and “user” passwords
- Offers various recovery methods: by password length, by template, exhaustive search or dictionary search.
- Specify your own template to minimize search time if any part of the password is known – include or exclude digits, lowercase or uppercase letters, etc.
- Creates the decrypted copy of the file if “user” password is known.
- Removes the digital signature from a decrypted file
- Non-English characters in passwords are supported
- Decrypted file passwords can be viewed any time
- Drag and drop PDF files support
- Flexible and user-friendly program interface