Ashampoo WinOptimizer 11 is a great product from Ashampoo used to clean up your PC from junk and to tune up your PC’s performance to its max. Let’s see what gives WinOptimizer its fame.
WinOptimizer is now fully caught-up to today’s tech style. It now has the “modern” theme, or “Metro” theme, from Windows 8 and 8.1. Apart from that, the user interface looks like Ashampoo WinOptimizer 10’s. There is an overview of your PC’s cleaning status (most recent date of cleaning), with the option to scan your PC for junk items to clean and settings to tweak. However, during the cleaning process, there is a tiny bar at the bottom of the main categories to show the progress.
Now it is done cleaning.
On the bottom of the main menu, there are four boxes. The first one shows your hard disk’s information (name and temperature). The second one shows your system’s information (total RAM, CPU, and graphics). The third one gives you an option to turn on Game Booster, a new feature that boosts your PC’s performance for playing games with max quality and performance. The fourth box enables you to turn on Live-Tuner. Live-Tuner speeds up the process of application startups. Now it enables you to give it rules and exceptions to application boosts.
Now there are application modules. There are a ton of them, and they can be seen in three different views.
The first view just shows all the categories together in one view.
The second view shows the categories and modules in a menu.
The last view shows the modules according to their functions (computer, security, hard drive(s), internet, Windows, and general use).
These views are also used in Ashampoo WinOptimizer 10.
The favorites menu is used to show the most commonly used modules. You can also click the star next to the module (in the three views shown above) to add it as favorites. Statistics of module usage is shown below the module. Favorites are used to access modules quicker by utilizing a simpler page.
The backups menu can be used to access recent backups performed by the application, and to manage them.
The statistics menu can be used to view application statistics (scanned/deleted items such as registry keys, folders, files, and database entries, and information such as backups, software skins, software languages, software startup count, and software context menu usage).
The menu is an easy way to access all the application modules without much work.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer comes with many modules to help boost your PC’s security and performance to the max level.
- One Click Optimizer is a tool to scan and clean your PC from junk files and to tweak system settings for optimal performance and security with just the click of the mouse (or maybe two, if you are clicking the desktop shortcut for itJ)! This saves a lot of time and still helps your system a lot.
- Drive Cleaner is a module that helps clean your hard disk from junk files that take up unnecessary space. Junk files include cache, temporary files, etc.
- Registry Optimizer helps clean your registry from unused or invalid entries, used for better registry performance and system performance.
- Internet Cleaner is a browser cleaner that cleans browser cache, cookies, history, and other internet traces.
- Defrag 3 is a disk defragmenter program. This will help rearrange files on your disk in an intelligent way such that similar files will be grouped together. This way, it would be much easier to access files on your disk, and will improve system performance. You can manually let it defrag your system, or you can also use Pro-Active Defrag. This feature enables the program to defrag your disk in real-time in the background. Most programs only have the option to schedule disk defragments, but with this feature, you can just turn it on and know that it will actively optimize your system for performance.
- Registry Defrag is a registry defragmenter used for rearranging registry values in an intelligent way to save space and to make accessing the registry quicker, just like disk defragmenting.
- System Information is a special tool to view information about your system, just like its name suggests. You can view information about your hardware, hard disks, software, networking, and multimedia.
- DiskSpace Explorer is a tool for viewing your hard drive’s space usage, so you can target files that are taking large amounts of disk space.
- System Benchmark will test your system’s performance, and allow you to compare your results with other systems online in Ashampoo’s database. It tests your system’s Integer, FPU, and RAM performance.
- Disk Doctor is a module that fixes problems on your hard disk.
- HDD Inspector shows your hard drive’s status (temperature, total size, HDD information, S.M.A.R.T status, etc.). The S.M.A.R.T status is important for helping your hard drive have a longer live.
- Font Manager is a font manager (duh). You can view all installed fonts on your PC and remove them if needed.
- Service Manager manages system services on your PC. You can start/stop services, change the start type (automatic, automatic with delayed start, manual, or deactivated). You can also view ratings on certain services, and disable the poorly rated ones to improve system performance. You can also rate system services based on your experience.
- StartUp Tuner is a startup manager that manages startup items on your PC. You can add, delete, or edit startup entries to improve system performance. There is also a rating service available.
- Internet tuner optimizes your system and your browser’s internet connection settings based on user-defined settings (automatic tuner). You can also manually edit the system settings if needed.
- Process Manager is like a mini task manager used for managing active processes on your system. You can end processes, or change the priority of certain processes.
- Uninstall Manager is used for uninstalling applications on your PC. Uninstall unused applications to free up space and to increase system performance.
- File Wiper is a file shredder that irreversibly deletes files so that they cannot be retrieved. Use it to shred important documents or private information that cannot be disclosed to the public.
- File Encrypter & Decrypter is a tool to encrypt/decrypt files on your PC. You can use this to handle sensitive information that cannot be revealed to the public.
- File Splitter & Joiner is a module that can split files into smaller files or join multiple files into one file.
- Undeleter, contrary to File Wiper, will retrieve accidentally deleted information that you want to have again, like family photos, music, etc.
- Link Checker manages shortcut files on your system (desktop and start menu), and helps you remove invalid shortcuts (shortcuts referring to nonexistent files). Use this tool to save more disk space.
- Duplicate Finder helps find duplicate files on your system that take up valuable disk space and can be removed.
- Tweaking is a module that helps the user change OS settings. Categories include logon settings, device settings, hard disk settings, system settings, desktop settings, Windows Explorer settings, Internet Explorer settings, Firefox settings, other software settings, and Windows 8 special settings. In case you accidentally change something, you can always revert the settings back to Windows default settings.
- AntiSpy is a module that helps tweak settings on your PC that will improve security (make your PC more private). You can also manually tweak settings.
- File Associator is a tool that helps link file extensions to a default program. It is useful for editing default openers that don’t exist anymore and need to be repaired.
- Context Menu Manager manages items on context menus that are opened on drives, folders, directories, files, etc. (context menu is the right-click menu). It can be used to remove unnecessary entries on the context menu that takes up space and makes the context menu load slower.
- Icon saver saves the current state of icons on your desktop (like a backup tool). It will save the icon information and its position on the desktop.
- User-Rights Manager manages rights for certain users on your PC. You can select a user and allow or deny it from doing certain tasks to the system and Windows Explorer. You can also deny access to certain sections on the control panel (for certain/all users).
- Backup Management is a tool for managing backups made by the application (delete/restore backups).
- System Restore Manager lets your restore your system to an earlier restore point.
- Taskplaner is a module to help let certain tasks be executed on a schedule (application task scheduler). Well there are only two possible tasks: One-Click Optimizer and Disk Defragmenter. (The application spelled “Taskplanner” with only one “n”.)
What do you think? Are 32 (not including settings) modules a lot for increasing system performance? When you add Live-Tuner and Game Booster, there are 34 modules. With Ashampoo WinOptimizer 11, 34 modules is just enough, not too much to overwhelm, and not too less to complain about missing features!
Enjoy PC performance at its finest!
Reviewer: Advanced Skill
Category: Giveaways and contests