Normal security software recognizes Malware using Signatures, a type of digital fingerprint. What is problem with this? No fingerprint means no recognition. This means that the Malware must first be known to the manufacturer of the security software before it is possible to create a fingerprint allowing it to be recognized. The fingerprint database on your PC is then updated online on a daily basis. Only then can the Malware be recognized.
This is where the behavior-based Malware defense of Mamutu comes into play. It does not use a fingerprint to recognize dangerous software but rather on the basis of the behavior of the software. This allows Mamutu to recognize new Malware long before the signature databases have been updated. These types of Malware attacks are known as Zero-Day attacks. In addition to this, behavior-based Malware recognition is the only efficient way of recognizing Malware that has been built for a single specific attack, e.g. for industrial espionage.
The Mamutu Background Guard is clever. It recognizes and blocks all potentially dangerous programs before they can cause any damage. The new Malware Intrusion Detection System (Malware-IDS) is unique worldwide and immediately warns you when a program attempts to perform a potentially dangerous or suspicious operation.
Mamutu recognizes and reports the following types of behavior:
- Backdoor related behavior
- Spyware related behavior
- HiJacker related behavior
- Worm related behavior
- Dialer related behavior
- Keylogger related behavior
- Trojan Downloader related behavior
- Injection of code into other programs
- Manipulation of programs (patching)
- Invisible installations of software
- Invisible Rootkit processes
- Installation of services and drivers
- Creation of Autostart entries
- Manipulation of the Hosts file
- Changes of the browser settings
- Installation of debuggers on the system
- Simulated mouse and keyboard activity
- Direct disk sector access on harddisk
- Changes of the system group policies [NEW!]
To get the chance to win:
1 – submit a comment to this post with a valid email address (will be used to send the license) and subscribe to our Feeds
2 – (optional but very appreciated) follow us on twitter or facebook.
We would be happy if you could share this giveaway. Thank you.
Subscribe to our feeds NOW and you will get our cool giveaways and contests as soon as we publish them!
Winners will be selected using random.org
GIVEAWAY ENDED. WINNERS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. THANK YOU.