Finally, a comprehensive guide to the Linux VM! This book describes VM in unprecedented detail, presenting both theoretical foundations and a line-by-line source code commentary.
VM’s behavior affects every Linux kernel subsystem and dramatically impacts overall performance. But until now, there was only one way to understand VM: study the poorly documented source one line at a time. Now there’s an easier, faster alternative. It systematically covers everything from physical memory description to out-of-memory management. Coverage includes:
- Linux VM 2.4 architecture in depth-with diagrams and call graphs
- Physical memory description, page tables, address spaces, and memory allocation
- High memory, swapping, shared memory, and much more
- Expert guidance for analyzing the code of any open source project
- New Linux 2.6 kernel features in every chapter
Category: Free Downloads